Thursday 10 February 2011

Goodies, Welsh Cakes & Stitching Cakes

Oooh, I got my Valentine Swap goodies from Jill, but I'm going to try and wait until Monday to open everything.  I did have a peek at what was in the box when I opened it, but a couple things are still wrapped.  I don't know if I can make it until Monday, we’ll see!  Thanks so much, Jill!

On Monday, Griffin and I made the Welsh cakes for his school project and they turned out FANTASTIC!  We made little ones instead of the proper big ones, enough for the class without having to make extra batches.  I can’t believe it’s been so long since I’ve made them, I had forgotten how good they are!  I think I need to make more this weekend, they might be my replacement for chocolate chip cookies. I'm sure they're much healthier! 

Here I am, a little Welsh girl, when we were still living in Wales.  Five months later, we moved to the States.  For some reason, Griffin was too embarrassed to take this picture to school… not sure why?!






So I finally started my Margaret Sherry SAL, I’ve gotten as far as the cake plate and a bit of the cake – but not enough to take a picture of.  Still can’t decide if I’m going to keep the same colours for the cat, or make it look more like mine.  Guess it depends on how much thinking I want to do when the time comes.

3 comments:

Mary Joan said...

Bore da (Good Morning in Welsh).

Those Welsh cakes look lovely. Wish I had the recipe.

Look forward to seeing your MS SAL Cat. Keep up the good work.

Happy Stitching

♥ Nia said...

I'm stitching the cat with the jelly plate :)
You started with the cake, I started with the jelly! Lol
I started mine last sunday, I had no time to stitch during the week =/ I hope to make a big progess on the weekend ;)
Have a great weekend dear :D

Astrids dragon said...

MJ - I'll dig it out and send it to you if you'd like!
Nia - still working on the cake, haven't gotten very far yet but your jelly looks good!