Sunday 27 March 2011

Amish and More Quilts


Amish farming is hard work!



This is still in Lancaster, but taken at our last girls weekend.  I think the open buggies with children in them are the best, but this one went right by the house we were staying in.


 Here are some more of HJ's quilts, I think this one might just be my favorite.  I love the colours of fall and the leaves on this quilt are only sewn down the middle so they "flap"!  Love it!











How cute are her jars of fruits and veggies?  Although I'm thinking they may be better filled with chocolate and candy for my house!




  


Looking back, I really should have written down the the type of quilts they were when she was telling us.  So, if you're interested, I'll find out.





This is only a portion of what HJ has made, many have been given away and I didn't take pictures of every one she had there.  


HJ helped me finish a gift for my BFF while we were there, but I still need to get the hanging supplies before I give it to her and show it.  She did a fantastic job and even though she asked if I wanted to do it, I was lacking in confidence.  It sure looked easy, but we'll see how it looks when I try it!





 
Another fabulous weekend and we are already planning our next one!  I think some antique shopping is in our future too.

No comments: