Thursday 7 April 2011

The Gmen have a Birthday! *new pic*


 Thanks for the birthday wishes!  Here's their "official" birthday picture.  Griffin (L) can be a grump when having his picture taken and Garrett (R) has his moments!  The Cheesecake Factory was a hit - leftovers were brought home and even some cheesecake.  I don't have to make their actual birthday cakes until they celebrate it during the summer with some friends.

 No way can these two cute little blond boys be 13 years old today!  That's Garrett in the back and Griffin up front.  I love this picture of them, especially since their Dad is a "rocket scientist"!  
What am I going to do with two teenagers in the house - not that the attitude hasn't already begun.  Their voices have started to change and Nathan has asked them why they have fuzzy hair on their upper lip!  I'm taking him to the store today so he can pick out birthday presents for his brothers and he says he wants to get them Legos.  Never to old for that!
I'll be taking a birthday picture of them later today, and I'm sure they'll be complaining about it too.  Hard to believe that they were born six weeks early and are now taller than me, and eat, eat, eat!  Looks like we're headed to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner tonight to celebrate, yum... cheesecake.

4 comments:

Emily & Scott said...

Happy Birthday to your boys!!

mmmm Cheesecake Factory ... mmmmm yummy!!

Carol's Stitching said...

Happy Birthday to your two gentlemen. Yep, I have to agree they grow up fast; my baby is now 10 and I just can't believe how quickly they grow. Enjoy the Cheesecake factory!

DJ said...

Mmmmmm Cheesecake Factory!! Happy Birthday G-men! Don't give your Mom too much of a hastle... She's a good Mom!! And Astrid, don't feel too badly, at least Nathan is still shorter than you...I have to look UP to ALL the men in my family now...it's tough being the shortest! *grin*

Sherry said...

My children are all grown and out of the house. I am ready for the empty nest now but reading about your 13 year olds brings back the memories of blessings and trials of teen agers. We have a tradition of having cheesecake for birthday cake. I have a simple recipe that each one of my children liked for their cake and I still make it for those who live close enough to us. I hope you day is a special one.