Saturday 18 July 2015

Excuses con't

Excuse #9
My third year helping out at the SHINEfm Sharathon!

I normally help out by answering the phone, but this year I was more behind the scenes. This was my partner in crime and we had to sort out all the donations as they came in. In the beginning it was slow, but it got pretty busy at the end of the week.

And one of the perks? The view of the DJ's at work!
The morning crew - Mike, Tracey and Dave.
Tracey is the sunshine in the morning!

This was Tiffanie and John in the afternoon.
Another sweetheart!

Erin is writing thank you notes before going on the air.
Here she is with Jack.

Christina in the evenings did her share of thank you notes too, and Tara was busy all day!

I did get to spend a little bit of time helping out on the phones, sitting next to Pastor Jim - always fun!

A great group of people to be volunteering with!

And if you'd like to listen... SHINEfm


I did get more months finished, here's September. I used the colours I had for the flowers, but I think they're a little too bright. But not bright enough to change! 

For October, I tried to stitch a glow in the dark ghost next to the pumpkins but didn't like the ghost pattern I found. So until something comes up, the ghost button will do.

More excuses to come...

6 comments:

Justine said...

Love your Cottage Garden pieces - so pretty! Looks as if the volunteering was lots of fun.

stitchersanon said...

Gorgeous stitching. The volunteering looks great fun xx

Linda said...

Looks like you had a fun time at the radio station Astrid. Congrats on the gorgeous finishes. I love the brightly colored flowers.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well done on your fundraising. Looks like you have a great group of workers there.
Love the two months, the ghost charm is very cute.

Maggee said...

What a nice group to volunteer with... looks like a good time for all! And congrats on the two months you completed! I am coming to Maryland at the end of the month... :)

Julie said...

Volunteering is always such fun, well done on your fundraising.
Two lovely finishes.