Thursday 16 March 2017

TH Thursday

THinking, THinking, THinking...

THinking THoughts, and being THankful on THursdays.


What talents or abilities are you thankful for?
Well, I can stitch! Does that count?
I'm thankful I can see, I can count, and my hands are working. I have floss, fabric and patterns. I have friends to stitch with. I have friends to talk stitching to. I have friends to enable encourage me.

And today?
I was finally able to meet up with my gf who I taught how to stitch just a couple weeks ago.
I'm thankful I was able to teach her and start her out with what I had. She loves it!
I shared a pattern for her to stitch - she had to put her dog, Rascal, down several weeks ago and this is to remember him by. She has his name tag and so she's going to either add it to the fabric, or the frame when she finds one. I sent her home with a kit I had and never started, so she's on her own. There is another pattern she wants to do, but I need to take her to our LNS to get fabric. I'll corrupt encourage her there, for sure!

And you, what's your talent or ability?

10 comments:

Barb said...

I probably have the same ones as you do. In addition, I taught school for 30 years so I'm thankful for the ability to love and enjoy children. How nice of you to help your friend with stitching.

Julie said...

A lovely and special project by your friend. I hope she continues to enjoy her new crafting skills.

Cathy said...

That's so nice to be able to teach someone to stitch! I taught my daughter-in-law the basics of crochet, and then she took it and ran with it! She does stitches and techniques I've never done. I think she can teach me a thing or two now!
Cathy

Justine said...

What a lovely post. I don't think I have any special talents or abilities but I'm grateful I have passed on a love of reading to my children.

Linda said...

Your friend did a great job with her stitching and your teaching.

Linda

Debbie W. said...

Your friend's new skill is amazing, and what a wonderful way for her to remember Rascal. Obviously, one of your talents simply must be teaching! :) I think that we all have many talents and gifts, but somehow, it is easier to see the talents and gifts of others, and a little harder to turn that mirror on ourselves. ;)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

My special talent seems to be dreaming up ideas for blog hops and SALs! And for collecting the nicest, kindest, most creative followers too!

Rachel said...

I love when I introduce friends to stitching and they actually enjoy it! Such a great feeling. And she's doing a lovely job!

Melinda Forbes said...

I love reading your wonderful Thursday posts

Katie said...

I'm a little late but still joining in. (By the way I love these posts.) I'm thankful I have the ability to stitch of course. I'm also extremely thankful I can be a stay at home mother. I can help with my son's life. I was able to attend every psychical therapy appointment and doctor appointments he had throughout his life. I'm now thankful I can live with my mom and help her with things she needs. I'm thankful I can be of assistance.